SOWERS INTERNATIONAL Philippines
Want to know more? Email your question(s) to our Philippines Office.
"Mobilize the Church to Evangelize." This has been the philosophy of SOWERS ministry in the Philippines: to see local churches Going Out reaching people in their own community with the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ through open-air evangelism. Mobilize means "calling up everyone to join in the action", the action of sharing the Gospel. We believe that the church is God's agent for evangelism; this is the reason why the church exists in a community. Our role is to enable, motivate and provide them with a tool to fulfill this task. Here is the line up of the trainings we conducted:
- March 6-9, 2012 Sison, Surigao del Norte with 16, Pastors and Church leaders;
- March 27-31, 2012 Pagadian City with 46 Pastors and Christian workers;
- May 21-24, 2012 Bunawan Agusan del Norte with 24 Pastors and church leaders;
- May 30-June 1-2, 2012 Tabunok Talisay City with 16 church leaders;
- June 6-9 Camarines Sur Luzon with 14 Pastors and church leaders;
- June 12-15 Maramag Bukidnon with 24 Pastors and Christian workers.
In between trainings and the month of July I made follow up of the open air being conducted by newly trained Sowers and the procurement of Sowers Sketchboard and kit which I personally construct at the Sowers headquarter. I also facilitated the reprinting of more manuals and counseling booklets. These are supplied per request to our SOWER trainers all over the Philippines.
These are the graduates of SOWERS Seminar levels 1&2 held last March 27-31, 2012 in Pagadian City, Northern Mindanao. Most of them are Pastors and Christian workers from Christian and Missionary Alliance Churches of the Philippines. After the graduation these graduates went back to their local congregation and were able to form teams and conduct open-air evangelism to reach their community with the gospel using the techniques they have learned from the seminar.
Open-air evangelism conducted during the training. This is exactly what they usually do afterward as they go back to their respective churches. They are encouraged to form team and regularly preach the gospel in their respective community with the sketchboard gospel presentation.
One-on-one counseling after the open-air preaching. This is the reason why the graduates of levels 1&2 seminars are encouraged to organize teams at their local churches so that the members can help in the counseling. This is the time that the church members can be mobilized to evangelize.
- Please pray that the Lord would provide funds to replace our Sowers vehicle (which is not running now) to carry our materials and equipment as we conduct seminars. We need about $5,000.00 to purchase a second hand unit.
- Pray for more strength and protection as I, Isachaar, and Norsie travel to promote SOWERS ministry and conduct seminars to churches in the Philippines.
- Pray for more souls to be won to Christ through open-air evangelism by trained church workers, lay leaders and members
- Please include our family in your prayers: Fanny is working in a night school ( 1st - 3rd year High School). She serves as guidance counselor, Values Ed and History teacher. Pray for strength and protection. Our son Jedy is now in Manila undergoing apprenticeship in a shipping company, for Vivien's health and Danna's studies (4th year in High school) and campus ministry.
- Let us pray too for the brethren in Manila and other parts of the Philippines who are now under state of calamity due to flash flood. They need food, water and shelter. Also, for comfort and strength to carry on their service to God and fellowmen.
Once again thank you so much for your partnership. We cherish your prayer and financial support and greatly thank the Lord for using you as channels of His approval and rich supply for equipping and leading God's people in the ministry of the Gospel. May our Almighty and loving God continue to nourish our partnership and bless you evermore.
We greatly praise God for the success of Sowers Level 1 Seminar held last February at Manolo Fortich, Bukidnon, (Mindanao). There were 18 trainees comprising lay leaders in Grace Gospel Church led by Pastor Gilbert Racines (Level 2 graduate). We are rejoicing for the 15 individuals who responded to invitation to receive Christ among 100 who heard the preaching of the Gospel.
The Seminar at the Bradford Church in Cebu City (Visayas) was led by Pastor Robert de Rosas (Level 3 Graduate). 15 finished Level 1, then 14 continued to Level 2. They have an ongoing seminar every Saturday which will end in March. The open air demonstrations have encouraged the 14 to continue to Level 2. They shed tears of joy upon the discovery that they can win souls through that method.
More Seminars are planned at Davao del Norte and with the same group at Zamboanga del Norte.
BUILDING - The Sowers' HQ is 3/4 done. We still need more funds for construction materials and labor fees. Again, thank you so much for your love and prayers.